Native Hawaiian Education
|Program Title||Program Description|
Native Hawaiian Education Program, Education for Native Hawaiians
The purpose of the Native Hawaiian Education program is to develop innovative education programs to assist Native Hawaiians and to supplement and expand programs and authorities in the area of education.
TYPES OF PROJECTS
Authorized activities include, among others:
- early education and care programs;
- family-based education centers;
- beginning reading and literacy programs;
- activities to address the needs of gifted and talented Native Hawaiian students;
- special education programs; professional development for educators; and
- activities to enable Native Hawaiian students to enter and complete postsecondary education programs.
Elementary and Secondary Education Overview
Equity Assistance Centers (EACs) – provide assistance in the areas of race, gender, and national origin equity to public schools to promote equal educational opportunities. For more information about EACs visit: www2.ed.gov/programs/equitycenters/contacts.html