FY 2022 FSCS Competition
The FY 2022 FSCS Competition is now closed. FY 2022 grant awards will be made by December 31, 2022, and new grantees will receive grant award notification. Awards will be announced in January 2023.
Applications Available: July 13, 2022.
Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: August 12, 2022.
Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: September 12, 2022.
Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: November 10, 2022.
Deadline for making FY 2022 FSCS grant awards: December 31, 2022.
FY 2022 Notice Inviting Applications
On July 13, 2022, the U.S. Department of Education published a notice inviting applications (NIA) for the FY 2022 FSCS program, Assistance Listing number 84.215J, in the Federal Register.
The notice of final priorities, requirements, definitions, and selection criteria (NFP) was published in the same issue of the Federal Register.
FY 2022 FSCS Application Instructions
The FY 2022 FSCS Application Package is for applicants to download and use as a guide only. These Application Instructions can also be found on the Grants.gov website. Unless the applicant qualifies for an exception to the electronic submission requirement, all FSCS grant applications must be submitted electronically via Grants.gov.
This optional FSCS Project Abstract template provides guidance on how applicants may consider organizing the information required in the abstract. Applicants may consider attaching the completed form as Appendix G.
This optional Eligibility Checklist document provides guidance on how applicants may consider documenting the eligibility requirements. Applicants may consider attaching their documentation for eligibility requirements as Appendix H.
FY 2022 Pre-Application Support and Technical Assistance
- Pre-recorded Overview of the FY 2022 FSCS NIA, slides, and transcript
- Pre-recorded Overview of Absolute Priority 3: Capacity Building and Development Grants, slides, and transcript
- Pre-recorded Overview of Absolute Priority 4: Multi-Local Educational Agency Grants, slides, and transcript
- Pre-recorded Overview of Absolute Priority 5: State Scaling Grants, slides, and transcript
- Recording from August 9, 2022, live presentation: Role of State Educational Agencies and Absolute Priority 5, slides, transcript
- Recording from August 10, 2022, live presentation: Role of Local Educational Agencies and Absolute Priority 4, slides, transcript
- Slides from August 3, 2022, live presentation: Role of Institutes of Higher Education and Absolute Priority 3
- Slides from August 11, 2022, live presentation: Full-Service Community Schools and Promise Neighborhoods Notices Inviting Applications, in partnership with the Department’s Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The FY 2022 FSCS competition FAQs will be updated as new questions are received and answers are developed. Please submit any questions not already covered in the document to FSCS@ed.gov.
The Department has developed a brochures as additional resources. Please take a moment to check them out:
- IHE brochure (Brochure that is focused on institutions of higher education (IHEs) as potential FSCS applicants)
- SEA brochure (Brochure that is focused on State educational agencies (SEAs) as potential partners in FSCS applications)
- FY2022 Grant Competition Brief Overview (Brochure that provides a brief summary of the FSCS program regulations and application requirements)
FY 2022 Notice of Intent to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to notify the Department of intent to submit an application for funding under the FSCS program by sending a short email message to FSCS@ed.gov with “INTENT TO APPLY” in the subject line by August 12, 2022. The email need not include information regarding the content of the proposed application, only the applicant’s intent to submit it.
Please note that applicants that do not notify us of their intent to apply may still apply for funding; applicants that do submit a notice of intent to apply are not obligated to apply for a FSCS grant, nor are they bound by the information provided in a notice of intent to apply.