FY 2020 Competition
LINKS TO OTHER COMPETITION-RELATED PAGES
- Call for Peer Reviewers: To be disseminated in February.
- Application Info and Eligibility: For information on eligibility and funding restrictions.
On Monday, January 27, 2020 the U.S. Department of Education announced the FY 2020 CSP Grants to State Entities Competition.
The FY 2020 CSP Grants to State Entities application period will close on Monday, April 13, 2020.
FY 2020 CSP State Entities Notice Inviting Applications
FY 2020 Competition Timeline
- Pre-Application Webinar: 2 p.m. ET, January 30, 2020.
- Pre-Application Budget, Performance Measures and Logic Model Technical Assistance Webinar: 2 p.m. ET, February 4, 2020.
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: April 13, 2020
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: June 10, 2020
FY2020 Application Information
The “FY20 SE Pre-application Webinar” was held on Thursday, January 30, 2020.
- This webinar reviewed priorities, selection criteria, and the application and eligibility requirements, in addition to the steps required to complete the grants.gov registration process.
- PowerPoint slides from webinar: PDF (3 MB)
- Recording from webinar: Recording
An additional webinar “FY20 SE Pre-application Budget, Performance Measures and Logic Model Technical Assistance Webinar” was held Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
- This webinar focused on budget requirements, SMART objectives, logic models, and provided additional time for questions.
- PowerPoint slides from webinar: PDF (2 MB)
- Recording from webinar: Recording
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov/.
- Please do not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to U.S. Department of Education staff.
Registering on Grants.gov:
- Applicants must register at Grants.gov prior to submitting an application. In order to complete your Grants.gov registration and submit an application, you must have an active SAM (https://www.sam.gov/) registration that is updated annually. Please note, SAM registration could take upwards of several weeks to be fully processed. Once your SAM registration is active, it will take 24-48 hours for the information to be available in Grants.gov before you can submit an application through Grants.gov. For detailed information on all Grants.gov registration steps, please go to: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/register.html.
- Primary information about SAM is available at https://www.sam.gov/. However, to further assist you with obtaining and registering your DUNS number and TIN in SAM or updating your existing SAM account, the Department has prepared a SAM.gov Tip Sheet which you can find at: http://www2.ed.gov/fund/grant/apply/sam-faqs.html.
- The Grants.gov registration process takes approximately 5 business days to complete, but Grants.gov recommends allowing several weeks to complete all steps.
- You may begin working on your application while completing the registration process, but you cannot submit an application until all of the registration steps are complete.
- For detailed information on the registration steps, please go to: https://apply07.grants.gov/apply/OrcRegister.
- For eligible applicants considering applying, we encourage you to register as soon as possible on Grants.gov.
Application Package: MS Word (938 KB)
- Please note this is an electronic copy of the application package instructions for you to download and use as a guide only.
- The application package that must be submitted can be found on the grants.gov website.
Hard Copy Applications: For hard copy application packages, contact:
Ashley Gardner U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue SW, RM 4W222 Washington, DC 20202 Phone: (202)453-6787 Email: Ashley.Gardner@ed.gov
Required Application Forms
Please Note: most of these forms are already in the electronic application packet in Grants.gov. Here is a list of the required forms that must be completed, examples of which can be found here.
- ED Form 424–Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524–Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524–Instructions
- Standard Form 424B–Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- Grants.gov Lobbying Form; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- Standard Form LLL–Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Grant Application Form for Project Objectives and Performance Measures Information