Project Prevent Grant Program
|Program Title||Program Description|
This program provides grants to local educational agencies (LEAs) impacted by community violence and to expand the capacity of LEAs to implement community- and school-based strategies to help prevent community violence and mitigate the impacts of exposure to community violence.
TYPES OF PROJECTS
These projects must include:
- Severity and magnitude of the problem and identification of schools to be served by the proposed project;
- Collaboration and coordination with community-based organizations;
- Project Activities designed to promote a safer and improved school environment;
- Evidence-based, culturally and linguistically competent, and developmentally appropriate programs and practices; and a
- Framework for planning, implementation, and sustainability
Applicants must address all five subparts of this absolute priority.