Fiscal Year 2022 Competition
- The Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 competition has now closed. Awards are expected to be announced in Fall 2022.
- For general related questions and for more information about the application process, please e-mail OESE.ASKANEP@ed.gov.
General Applicant Tips
- Preview the Application: Applicants for Alaska Native Education Program competitions must use the government-wide website, grants.gov, to apply. Applicants will need to download the latest version of Adobe reader (at least Adobe Reader 10.1.14). We strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with Grants.gov and recommend that you register early and submit early.
- Register Early: Grants.gov registration involves many steps, including registration in the System for Awards Management (SAM) and may take five or more days to complete. You must be fully registered to submit an application. For detailed information on the Registration Steps, please go to the Federal government’s grants website, grants.gov.
- Submit Early: Do not wait until the last day to submit your application! To submit successfully, you must enter the DUNS number in the application that your organization used when it registered with the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Allow Extra Time: You will want to ensure your application is submitted (i.e. has a date/time stamp from Grants.gov before 4:30 pm on the deadline date) AND that the application is processed and validated successfully. Grants.gov processing times may vary, so you need to allow at least 3 days for any unanticipated problems with your submission. If Grants.gov rejects your application, you will need to resubmit before the deadline date and time.
- If you encounter problems using Grants.gov, please contact customer support by calling 1-800-518-4726 or by visiting the Grants.gov support website.