To learn more about the previous competitions, please visit the below links.
Who May Apply: (specifically)
Eligible applicants include:
- An LEA or consortium of LEAs in which 20 percent or more of the students served by the LEA or LEAs within the consortium are from families with an income below the Federal poverty line (including a public charter school that meets the definition of LEA in section 8101(30) of the ESEA) (eligible LEA), and that may work in partnership with one or more of the following:
- An SEA;
- An institution of higher education;
- The Bureau of Indian Education; or
- A museum or cultural institution, or another private agency, institution, organization.
- An SEA; an institution of higher education; a museum or cultural institution; Bureau of Indian Education; or private agency, institution, or organization, that must partner with an eligible LEA, and that may partner with another eligible entity.
Applicants are required to provide, in the application, data from the most recent U.S. Census as evidence that the local educational agencies (LEAs) meet the statutory requirement that 20 percent or more of the students served by the LEA (or for each LEA within a consortium of LEAs) are from families with an income below the Federal poverty line.