Applicant Information and Eligibility
The FY 2021 Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) can be found in the Federal Register. The competition closed on Friday, July 23, 2021. On Monday, September 7, 2021, the U.S. Department of Education’s Charter Schools Program (CSP) announced four Credit Enhancement for Charter School Facilities (Credit Enhancement) awards from the FY 2021 competition. On Monday, September 19, 2022, the CSP announced an additional seven awards made during the Fiscal Year FY 2022 for Credit Enhancement from the FY 2021 competition.
The CSP held a recorded session of the FY 2021 Credit Enhancement Program pre-application webinar on Monday, June 28, 2021, 12:30 pm Eastern time.
You may view the webinar in its entirety by clicking here: FY 2021 Credit Enhancement Pre-Application Webinar.
For a full transcript of the pre-application webinar, click here: PDF
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov/.
- Please do not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to U.S. Department of Education staff.
Registering on Grants.gov:
- Applicants must register at Grants.gov prior to submitting an application.
- The Grants.gov registration process takes approximately 5 business days to complete, but Grants.gov recommends allowing several weeks to complete all steps.
- You may begin working on your application while completing the registration process, but you cannot submit an application until all of the registration steps are complete.
- For detailed information on the registration steps, please go to: https://apply07.grants.gov/apply/OrcRegister.
Application Package: PDF
- Please note this is an electronic copy of the application package instructions for you to download and use as a guide only. The application package that must be submitted can be found on the grants.gov website.
Program Legislation, and Regulations:
- The U.S. Secretary of Education is authorized to award grants for this competition under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) (20 U.S.C. 7221c). For program legislation visit: 20 USC 7221c.
- For grant regulations contained in EDGAR (Education Department General Administrative Regulations) go to: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/fund/reg/edgarReg/edgar.html.
- Credit Enhancement Program Regulations can be found at: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2020-title34-vol1/pdf/CFR-2020-title34-vol1-part225.pdf