The U.S. Department of Education (the Department), Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII), is seeking individuals to serve as peer reviewers for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Charter Schools Program (CSP) Grant competitions. The purpose of the CSP is to increase national understanding of the charter school model and to expand the number of high quality charter schools available to students across the nation. This is a competitive grant program that provides funds for the opening of new charter schools and the replication and expansion of high-quality charter schools intended to support charter schools that serve early childhood, elementary school, or secondary school students by providing grant funds to eligible applicants for the opening of new, replicating, and expanding high-quality charter schools.
We are seeking peer reviewers from various professions and backgrounds, including but not limited to:
- State Educational Agency charter school program grant administration
- Charter management organizations
- Charter school planning, program design, and implementation
- High-quality charter school start-up and expansion
- Charter school authorizing and accountability
- Charter school research and evaluation
- Charter school assessment and evaluation
- Charter school policy and research
- Charter school technical assistance and resources
- Charter school leadership and professional development
- Charter school administration and operation
- Charter school developer or leader
Peer reviewers will independently read, score, and provide timely, well written comments, as well as be available to discuss their scoring and comments, for the eligible grant applications submitted to the U.S. Department of Education under the CSP.
Please click on this link to see complete information on the peer reviewer application process. The deadline for peer reviewer applications is Friday, February 23, 2018