Subpart 19 – Grants for Capital Expenses of Providing Equitable Services for Private School Students
- The Secretary is authorized to award grants to State educational agencies, from allotments made under section 5593, to enable the State educational agencies to award subgrants to local educational agencies to pay for capital expenses in accordance with this subpart.
- A local educational agency that receives a subgrant under this subpart shall use the subgrant funds only to pay for capital expenses incurred in providing equitable services for private school students under section 1120.
- From the funds made available to carry out this subpart for a fiscal year, the Secretary shall allot to each State an amount that bears the same ratio to the funds made available as the number of private school students who received services under part A of title I in the State in the most recent year for which data, satisfactory to the Secretary, are available bears to the number of such students in all States in such year.
- (a) APPLICATIONS- A local educational agency that desires to receive a subgrant under this subpart shall submit an application to the State educational agency involved at such time, in such manner, and containing such information as the State educational agency may require.
- In this subpart, the term capital expenses’ means —
- (1) expenditures for noninstructional goods and services, such as the purchase, lease, or renovation of real and personal property, including mobile educational units and leasing of neutral sites or spaces;
- (2) insurance and maintenance costs;
- (3) transportation; and
- (4) other comparable goods and services.
- The authority provided by this subpart terminates effective October 1, 2003.
|Previous||Table of Contents||Next|