Resources for States
This resource collection provides resources for state leaders for the preparation in returning to school after COVID 19
- Returning to School Resource Collection. This blog Returning to School: Reflections About Our New Resource Collection by the National Comprehensive Center acknowledges and is attuned to the several scenarios in which students will return to school in the fall. To support the complicated work that states, districts, and schools have in planning the return to school, the National Center has created a collection of resources from national organizations to support school districts and states planning for returning to school.
- State Plans for Returning to School. This collection from the National Comprehensive Center provides links to each state’s plan and posted guidance related to returning to school. This page will be updated regularly.
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Coronavirus Disease 2019 Resources. This webpage from the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance Center was created to support new and experienced school safety leaders with school emergency management planning. The webpage is designed to provide education agencies with information, products, and services needed to respond to, continue to operate during, and recover from COVID-19. This page is updated on a regular basis in order to provide the most up-to-date information.
- The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community of Practice Page. This virtual collaboration space from the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance Center offers a forum for schools, school districts, institutions of higher education (IHEs), and their community partners the opportunity to gain guidance, resources tools, and training as well as to collaborate, share, and learn from the experiences of others in the field. Interested education leaders can join the community to engage in conversations and access available resources.
- Returning to School During and After Crisis: A Guide to Supporting States, Districts, Schools, Educators, and Students through a Multi-Tiered Systems of Support Framework during the 2020-2021 School Year This guide published by The PBIS Technical Assistance Center describes the use of a multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) framework to support students, families, and educators during the transitions back to school during and following the global pandemic in a manner that prioritizes their health and safety, social and emotional needs, and behavioral and academic growth.
- Reopening Schools Safely: New Evidence on Mitigating COVID-19 Spread. This webinar from the Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) Mid-Atlantic discusses considerations for reopening schools safely derived from lessons learned from a rapid-turnaround study in partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Education to inform their guidance for reopening schools. Presenters discuss 1) input from stakeholders, 2) lessons from a rapid review of emerging evidence on the COVID-19 pandemic and best practices in blended and remote learning, and 3) lessons from an agent-based modeling simulation that estimated the level of COVID-19 transmission in schools under various scenarios and mitigation strategies.
- Getting Schools Ready to Support Students Facing a New World of Challenges. This webinar, moderated by Dr. Paula Johnson, Director of the Region II Equity Assistance Center – IDRA EAC-South, features a panel of student advocates and educational leaders who provide policy recommendations to district decision-makers on reopening schools in response to conditions presented by the global pandemic. This webinar is part of the School Reopening Webinar Series.
- Improving Attendance in a Remote Learning Environment This brief from the Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) adapted the suggestions and strategies provided in the Improving Attendance and Reducing Chronic Absenteeism guide for practice during remote instruction. Strategies from both briefs may be helpful to educators and schools in implementing hybrid (in-person and remote) instructional models.
- New Hampshire Asks Stakeholders to Help Reshape the Future of School: 56,000 People Respond. This blog Region 1 Comprehensive Center for educators highlight lessons learned from New Hampshire’s efforts to use needs-assessment surveys as part of their school re-opening planning.
Go Back to OESE Resources page