Resources for Districts
This resource collection provides resources for district leaders for the preparation in returning to school after COVID 19
- The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community of Practice is presented by The Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance Center. This page offers a virtual space for schools, school districts, institutions of higher education (IHEs), and their community partners the opportunity to gain guidance, resources tools, and training as well as to collaborate, share, and learn from the experiences of others in the field.
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Coronavirus Disease 2019 Resources. This webpage from the REMS Technical Assistance Center was created to support new and experienced school safety leaders with school emergency management planning. The webpage is designed to provide education agencies with information, products, and services needed to respond to, continue to operate during, and recover from COVID-19. This page is updated on a regular basis in order to provide the most up-to-date information.
- Returning to School Resource Collection. This blog Returning to School: Reflections About Our New Resource Collection by the National Comprehensive Center acknowledges and is attuned to the several scenarios in which students will return to school in the fall. To support the complicated work that states, districts, and schools have in planning the return to school, the National Center has created a collection of resources from national organizations to support school districts and states planning for returning to school.
- 9 Questions for District and School Leaders to Consider in Getting Ready for the 2020-21 School Year This blog released by Region 9 Comprehensive Center supports school principals and district leaders reflect and plan for multiple reopening scenarios this fall. Region 9 Comprehensive Center and their advisory board members determined top priorities and questions for school leaders to consider.
- Student Perspectives on a Changing School Climate This webinar presented by Region II Equity Assistance Center – IDRA EAC-South for schools and districts explores what the future holds for re-openings, mental health, and student emotional well-being in the wake of myriad of issues facing today’s students. Student panelists help us understand the needs of their peers on issues, such as COVID-19, school safety, immigration, and the Black Lives Matter and #MeToo movements. This webinar is part of the School Reopening Webinar Series.
- Nurturing Students’ Hearts and Minds – School Reopening Webinar Series This webinar provided by Region II Equity Assistance Center – IDRA EAC South features a panel of advocates and practitioners who discuss the needs of students on issues such as COVID-19, school safety, immigration, and the Black Lives Matter and #MeToo movements that schools need to attend to as they reopen. This webinar is part of the School Reopening Webinar Series.
- Getting Schools Ready to Support Students Facing a New World of Challenges. This webinar, moderated by Dr. Paula Johnson, Director of the Region II Equity Assistance Center – IDRA EAC-South, features a panel of student advocates and educational leaders who provide policy recommendations to district decision-makers on reopening schools in response to conditions presented by the global pandemic. This webinar is part of the School Reopening Webinar Series.
- Planning for an Appropriate Return to School. The webpage by The National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) has identified resources to support schools in communicating key information and building a safe, supportive, virtual learning environment. This page includes the category, “Planning for an Appropriate Return to School” that provides districts and schools with several resources to support with the planning the return to school.
- Using Assessments to Identify and Address COVID-19 Learning Gaps. This webinar presented by the Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) Central shares with district and school leadership considerations for conducting assessments when students return to school and describes what resources are needed to effectively implement the assessments in different scenarios (online, in-person, hybrid). The following handout accompanied the presentation: Using Assessments to Identify and Address COVID-19 Learning Gaps: Handout
- Personalizing Instruction to Address COVID-19 Learning Gaps. This webinar presented by REL Central shares a spectrum of personalization options and specific actionable strategies for classroom teachers that can be implemented to meet the needs of students whose learning has been disrupted and help them to recover lost academic growth. The following handout accompanied the presentation: Personalizing Instruction to Address COVID-19 Learning Gaps: Handout
- How can districts and schools strategically respond to budget shortfalls related to COVID-19? This Frequently Asked Questions resource provided by REL Central addresses how school and district leaders are beginning to plan how to maintain core services and mitigate the impact of budget cuts related to COVID-19 on vulnerable students. REL Central has compiled resources that leaders can use to respond to those budget challenges.
- Returning to School During and After Crisis: A Guide to Supporting States, Districts, Schools, Educators, and Students through a Multi-Tiered Systems of Support Framework during the 2020-2021 School Year This guide published by the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Technical Assistance Center describes the use of a multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) framework to support students, families, and educators during the transitions back to school during and following the global pandemic in a manner that prioritizes their health and safety, social and emotional needs, and behavioral and academic growth.
- Reopening High School: Addressing Reopening Safely for Instruction after COVID-19 This video presentation and brief from Western Educational Equity Assistance Center (WEEAC) provide educators with tools for reopening districts and high schools to ensure all groups of students achieve at high levels.
Go Back to OESE Resources page