State Support Network
The State Support Network is a technical assistance initiative designed to support state and district school improvement efforts.
The State Support Network collaborates with states, districts, and technical assistance partners to:
How does the State Support Network assist states and districts?
The State Support Network brings states and districts together with technical assistance providers and subject matter experts to use research and resources to analyze practical challenges and develop strategies for supporting schools. As states and districts design and implement new school improvement systems, the State Support Network will clarify and confirm needs of states and districts, complement and connect ongoing technical assistance efforts, and accelerate providers’ efforts by offering additional support.
The State Support Network will help states and districts:
- Take stock of lessons learned from prior systemic school improvement efforts.
- Assess districts’ and schools’ needs and assets to inform improvement strategies.
- Build sustainable systems to support continuous improvement and ensure student success.
What types of technical assistance does the Network offer?
We offer varying levels of technical assistance support designed to connect states and districts to each other and to evidence-based resources that drive improvement, including:
- Universal support through broadly shared school improvement resources organized on a user-friendly website. Resources include case studies, guidelines, and tools for implementation.
- Collective support for virtual and in-person technical assistance among state and local peers. We will provide opportunities for states and districts to collaborate directly with peers and communities of practice to solve common challenges.
- Individual support focused on direct technical assistance from subject matter experts to address specific state and district needs.
What topics does the Network cover?
The Network provides technical assistance related to school improvement in a range of topic areas. These include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing the Every Student Succeeds Act
- Using evidence to strengthen education investments and achieve student outcomes
- Performing high-quality, scalable needs assessments
- Leveraging flexible funding and funding data to make decisions
- Supporting state and local strategic planning
- Measuring and supporting increased proficiency for English learners
- Designing innovative school improvement strategies
Use this site to find valuable resources, engage with peers and experts in communities of practice, and stay updated and informed with the latest news and content to assist you in supporting state and district school improvement efforts.