Part H – School Dropout Prevention
SEC. 1801. SHORT TITLE.
- This part may be cited as the ‘Dropout Prevention Act’.
SEC. 1802. PURPOSE.
- The purpose of this part is to provide for school dropout prevention and reentry and to raise academic achievement levels by providing grants that —
- (1) challenge all children to attain their highest academic potential; and
- (2) ensure that all students have substantial and ongoing opportunities to attain their highest academic potential through schoolwide programs proven effective in school dropout prevention and reentry.
SEC. 1803. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
- For the purpose of carrying out this part, there are authorized to be appropriated $125,000,000 for fiscal year 2002 and such sums as may be necessary for each of the 5 succeeding fiscal years, of which —
- (1) 10 percent shall be available to carry out subpart 1 for each fiscal year; and
- (2) 90 percent shall be available to carry out subpart 2 for each fiscal year.
|Previous||Table of Contents||Next|