Eligibility and Applicant Information
The following entities are eligible to apply for FY 2023 Supporting America’s School Infrastructure (SASI) grants—
- State Educational Agencies (SEAs).
- State entities other than the SEA that has authority over or responsibility for education facilities if the SEA does not have this authority.
- A consortium comprised entirely of agencies or organizations within a single State described in clauses (a) or (b). Applicants applying under a consortium of eligible entities will be required to designate a lead agency in order to apply.
FY 2023 SASI Application Information
- Notice Inviting Applications: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/06/02/2023-11789/applications-for-new-awards-supporting-americas-school-infrastructure-grant-program
- Opportunity number: ED-GRANTS-060223-001
- Application package on Grants.gov: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=348449
FY 2023 SASI Application Timeline
- Application package available in Grants.gov: June 5, 2023
- Application close date: August 18, 2023
- The SASI application deadline has been extended to August 18, 2023. For more information, see the Federal Register Notice.
Technical Assistance (TA) Pre-Application Webinar
See below for a pre-recorded webinar intended to support prospective applications. During the webinar, the Department reviewed the competition eligibility requirements, priorities, selection criteria, and application requirements. The Department, also, reviewed the steps required to complete the Grants.gov registration process and answered participants questions.
- Recording: Supporting America’s School Infrastructure (SASI) Pre-Application Technical Assistance Webinar
- Slides: PDF
- Transcript: PDF
- Webinar Table of Contents: PDF
SASI Application Instructions Package:
Applicants are encouraged to download the SASI Application Instructions Package and review it in its entirety. It contains information and instructions that will be helpful to you and you prepare to submit your SASI application. Please note this application instructions package is the same package found in http://www.grants.gov.
- The SASI Application Instructions Package should be used as guidance only and applicants should always refer to the SASI NIA published in the Federal Register on TBD for official application instructions.
- SASI Application Instructions Package
- Helpful Tip: For additional resources on applying for a grant through Grants.gov, including video tutorials, please visit the Applicant Training information located on Grants.gov.