Since March 2020, the Department has made available resources (see below) that highlight promising practices for State and local educational agencies to use in addressing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their students.
- On July 14, 2022, the Department held a formal webinar, Compliance Supplement. The recording and transcript are available here.
- The Department has made available resources on using ESSER and GEER funds for improving ventilation in schools to prevent COVID-19 here.
- As a part of EO 14000, the Department set up the Safer Schools and Campuses Best Practices Clearinghouse, which highlights a number of promising practices from the field on how schools and districts can address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The Lessons from the Field Webinar series, hosted on the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments site, is a regular webinar, cohosted by the Department and the CDC, that highlights promising practices in the field. This webinar has addressed topics from early childhood education to school nutrition to mental health supports.
- In December 2021, the Department launched two new multistate communities of practice to support states in addressing the impact of lost instructional time from the pandemic. Read more about this resource here.
- In January 2022, the Department and its technical assistance partner, the National Comprehensive Center, released a resource to help states share their progress deploying ARP ESSER funds. Read more about this resource here.
- In April 2022, the Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services hosted a formal webinar, Practical and Sustainable Strategies for Leveraging COVID Relief Funds to Support Student and Staff Mental Health. Read more about this webinar here. Linked here is the recording and transcript.