Deadlines and Announcements
|December 31, 2022||ARP ESSER||Deadline for SEAs to publish applicable LEA high-poverty school data for FY 2022||Notice of Final Requirement|
|November 1, 2022||ARP ESSER||Deadline for SEAs to publish LEA exceptions and identify high-poverty school FY 2023||Notice of Final Requirement|
|September 30, 2022||ESSER I GEER I||Deadline to obligate funds (includes Tydings Period)/Reporting Period Ends|
|August-December, 2022||ARP ESSER||ARP ESSER one-year award deadline for supplemental 1/3|
|July 8, 2022||ARP ESSER||Deadline for SEAs to publish LEA exceptions and identify high-poverty school FY 2022||Notice of Final Requirement|
|May 16 – June 17, 2022||ESSER I ESSER II ARP ESSER||Annual Report Submission Window:
|May 16 – June 10, 2022||GEER I GEER II||Annual Report Submission Window:
|May 16 – June 3, 2022||CRSSA EANS||Annual Report Submission Window:
|May 13, 2022||ESSER GEER EANS||Late Liquidation Letter||Late Liquidation Letter|
|April 1, 2022||ESSER II GEER II EANS ARP ESSER ARP EANS||Deadline for grantees to confirm data for MOE CRRSA/ARP||Email sent to grantees on March 17,2022|
|March 24 – September 2, 2022||ARP EANS||ARP EANS six-month award deadline|
|March 24, 2022||ARP ESSER||ARP ESSER one-year award deadline for first 2/3 of funds|
|March 21-April 1, 2022||ESSER I GEER I||APR Re-Open Period – ESSER I and GEER I (Year 1) Corrections|
Click on each program for program-related announcements
- June 9, 2022 at 2pm EST: the Department hosted a webinar entitled LEA-level Maintenance of Equity Reporting Requirements, outlining the local maintenance of equity reporting requirements for SEAs and LEAs in the Notice of Final Requirement.
- G5 Email, June 2, 2022: The Department has published a Notice of Final Requirement (NFR) in the Federal Register regarding the LEA-level maintenance of equity provisions under section 2004(c) of the ARP Act. This NFR establishes requirements for publishing LEA-level maintenance of equity data to demonstrate that LEAs are maintaining both fiscal and staffing equity in fiscal years 2022 and 2023.
- ESSER Year 2 reporting window open: May 31 through July 1, 2022
- ESSER Year 2 APR Technical Webinar: a technical demonstration and overview of the Data Collection Tool — Tuesday, May 17 at 2 pm ET Register here: https://aemcorp.webex.com/aemcorp/j.php?RGID=r9cc80d5c8655e428c690772d638170eb
- ESSER Year 2 Definitions Webinar: additional guidance provided by the U.S. Department of Education on ESSER Definitions — Wednesday, May 4 at 2 pm ET Register here: https://aemcorp.webex.com/aemcorp/j.php?RGID=rd95d5592264e551f8a1e646575048847
- G5 Email March 14, 2022: ESSER Year 2 Form Review Webinar (3/1/22) and Q&A posted in ESF Annual Reporting Tool Grantee Help Page, under the Year 2 Annual Performance Report Preparation section: https://covid-relief-data.ed.gov/grantee-help/esser.
- ESF Reporting Help Desk Email March 11, 2022: Important Clarification on Definition of “Expenditure” for ESSER APR; Reporting periods for ESSER I, ESSER II, and ARP ESSER
- G5 Email February 15, 2022: The Year 2 Annual Reporting period opens Monday, May 16, 2022, through Friday, June 10, 2022 for GEER I (Year 2 Data) and GEER II (Year 1 Data). Resources are posted on the ESF Grantee Help Page.
- Reporting: The EANS Year 1 data collection opens on May 16, 2022 and closes on June 3, 2022. UEIs must be reported for each EANS Subawardee and Subcontract entity to submit the Year 1 Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS) Education Stabilization Fund (ESF) Annual Performance Report (APR).
- G5 Email April 4, 2022: EANS Disposition Guidance
- G5 Email March 15, 2022: EANS Year 1 Form Review Webinar (2/24/22)and Q&A posted in ESF Annual Reporting Tool Grantee Help Page, under Year 1 Annual Performance Report Preparation section: https://covid-relief-data.ed.gov/grantee-help/eans.
- Reporting Template Package available on ESF Grantee Help Page: Six templates are available for the subgrantee reporting to include: 1) Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act LEA; 2) Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act LEA; 3) CARES Act IHE; 4) CRRSA IHE; 5) CARES Act Other; and 6) CRRSA Other
- G5 Email April 21, 2022: FY 2022 Grantee Satisfaction Survey launch
- G5 Email April 18, 2022: Practical and Sustainable Strategies for Leveraging COVID Relief Funds to Support Student and Staff Mental Health Webinar, April 21, 2022 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST. See Promising Practices – Office of Elementary and Secondary Education
- G5 Email April 15, 2022: Announcement of improvements to OESE SGR web pages
- ESF Reporting Help Desk Email March 31, 2022: Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) will be used as the primary means of entity identification for Federal awards government-wide beginning April 4, 2022.
- G5 Email March 25, 2022: Update your State’s APR Submitter and Editors, “Update User Account and Access Video” found at https://covid-relief-data.ed.gov/grantee-help.
- G5 Email March 25, 2022: MOE Equity March 31st deadline postponed; ESSER Year 2 reporting window open (NEW): May 31 through July 1, 2022; Webinar recording and FAQs posted to ESF Grantee Help page ESF – Help (ed.gov)
- G5 Email Mach 17, 2022: State MOE Required Levels – requesting for a confirmation that your State’s MOE data is correct, or an update is needed
- ESF Reporting Help Desk Email March 15, 2022: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – New FAQs will be available on 4/22/25. https://covid-relief-data.ed.gov/grantee-help/esser/faq