Legislation, Regulations and Guidance
McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 1987, as amended, Title VII, Subtitle B; 42 U.S.C. 11431-11435
McKinney-Vento, Title VII, Subtitle B
- Section 1031. SHORT TITLE.
- Section 1032. EDUCATION FOR HOMELESS CHILDREN AND YOUTHS.
- Section 721. STATEMENT OF POLICY.
- Section 722. GRANTS FOR STATE AND LOCAL ACTIVITIES FOR THE EDUCATION OF HOMELESS CHILDREN AND YOUTHS.
- Section 723. LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCY SUBGRANTS FOR THE EDUCATION OF HOMELESS CHILDREN AND YOUTHS.
- Section 724. SECRETARIAL RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Section 725. DEFINITIONS.
- Section 726. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
- Section 1033. CONFORMING AMENDMENT.
The Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (commonly called “Uniform Guidance”) was adopted by the Department in December 2014, 2 CFR Part 3474, and provides a government-wide framework for grants management and sets an authoritative set of rules and requirements for Federal awards that synthesizes and supersedes guidance from earlier OMB circulars. The Uniform Guidance addresses such issues as addresses time and effort certifications, indirect cost reimbursement, timely obligation of funds and carryover, financial management rules, program income, record retention, property/equipment/supplies inventory controls, procurement, monitoring, conflicts, travel policies, and allowable costs.
The Education Department of General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR), 34 CFR Parts 75, 76, and 77, are the federal regulations that govern all federal grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Education. EDGAR is read in conjunction with the authorizing statutes, program-specific regulations, the Uniform Guidance, and Federal Register documents, such as Notices Inviting Applications and Notices of Final Priorities.