State and Grantee Relations
The State and Grantee Relations team, headed by Deputy Assistant Secretary for Evidence-Based Practices and State and Grantee Relations, provides front-line support and additional customer service for States and grantees. The State and Grantee Relations team will serve as a primary contact for e states and grantees, resolve issues, and be responsible for customer service to all grantees in those states (SEAs, LEAs, and other entities), as well as general knowledge of all discretionary grant funding opportunities.
- Provides customer service to the states and grantees to see that to their needs are met, their questions are answered, and their issues are resolved in a timely and accurate manner;
- Keeps abreast of state context, goals, vision, and challenges;
- Supports the efficient management of grant funds and the effective support of grant implementation;
- Coordinates across OESE to respond to general grantee questions in a timely, accurate, and complete manner;
- Responds to letters, emails, and other communication with the Department from outside organizations, parents, teachers and students, coordination with the Evidence-Based Practices and the Offices of Discretionary Grants and Contracts and the Office of Formula Grants.
- Prepares regular summaries of key successes and issues in each State, which may be presented in a State profile;
- Brokers technical assistance among the Evidence-Based Practices and the Offices of Discretionary Grants and Contracts and the Office of Formula grants, for grantees based on identified needs;
- Tracks questions and responses in a knowledge management system to build State Profiles and identify trends in needs, questions, and issues; and
- Accompanies grantee management and effective practices staff on monitoring visits to build networks, improve relationships and maintain awareness of state and regional issues.