Applications Available: March 28,2014.
Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: April 25, 2014. Date of Pre-Application Webinar: April 9, 2014. Further information will be available at http://www2.ed.govhttps://www2.ed.gov/programs/sif/index.html. Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: May 23, 2014.
- FY 2014 Application MS WORD (685K) | PDF (545K)
- Address to Request Application Package:
U.S. Department of Education
P.O. Box 22207
Alexandria, VA 22304
Telephone, toll free: 1-877-433-7827<br FAX: (703) 605-6794.
If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) or a text telephone (TTY), call, toll free: 1-877-576-7734.
You can contact ED Pubs at its Web site, also: www.EDPubs.gov or at its e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request an application package from ED Pubs, be sure to identify this program or competition as follows: CFDA number 84.377B. Individuals with disabilities can obtain a copy of the application package in an accessible format (e.g., braille, large print, audiotape, or compact disc) by contacting the person listed under Accessible Format in section VIII of this notice.
- Content and Form of Application Submission: Requirements concerning the content of an application, together with the forms you must submit, are in the application package for this program.
Notice of Intent to Apply: The Department will be able to develop a more efficient process for reviewing grant applications if it has a better understanding of the number of entities that intend to apply for funding under this program. Therefore, the Secretary strongly encourages each potential applicant to notify the Department by sending a short email message indicating the applicant’s intent to submit an application for funding. The email need not include information regarding the content of the proposed application, only the applicant’s intent to submit it. This email notification should be sent to the Office of School Turnaround at: email@example.com.
Page Limit: The application narrative is where you, the applicant, address the selection criteria that reviewers use to evaluate your application. Panel readers will award points only for an applicant’s response to a given selection criterion that is contained within the section of the application designated to address that particular selection criterion. Readers will not review, or award points for responses to a given selection criterion that is located in any other section of the application or the appendices. You must limit the application narrative to no more than 40 pages, using the following standards:
- A “page” is 8.5″ x 11″, on one side only, with 1″ margins at the top, bottom, and both sides.
- Double space (no more than three lines per vertical inch) all text in the application narrative, including titles, headings, footnotes, quotations, references, and captions, as well as all text in charts, tables, figures, and graphs.
- Use a font that is either 12 point or larger or no smaller than 10 pitch (characters per inch).
- Use one of the following fonts: Times New Roman, Courier, Courier New, or Arial. An application submitted in any other font (including Times Roman or Arial Narrow) will not be accepted.
- The page limit does not apply to the cover sheet; the budget section, including the narrative budget justification; the assurances and certifications; or the one-page abstract, the resumes, the bibliography, or the letters of support. However, the page limit does apply to all of the application narrative section.
- We will reject your application if you exceed the page limit.
- Submission of Proprietary Information: Given the types of projects that may be proposed in applications for the Turnaround School Leaders Program an application may include business information that the applicant considers proprietary. The Department’s regulations define “business information” in 34 CFR 5.11.
Because we plan to make successful applications available to the public , you may wish to request confidentiality of business information. Consistent with Executive Order 12600, please designate in your application any information that you feel is exempt from disclosure under Exemption 4 of the Freedom of Information Act. In the appropriate Appendix section of your application, under “Other Attachments Form,” please list the page number or numbers on which we can find this information. For additional information please see 34 CFR 5.11(c).
Federal Register Notices
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for Fiscal Year 2014 > PDF (250K) (March 28, 2014)
Technical Assistance Webinar
(Dial In #:800-988-9660/Participant passcode: 32654 Further Information will be available at: http://www2.ed.govhttps://www2.ed.gov/programs/sif/index.html.
For Further Information Contact:
Janine Rudder U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue SW., Room 3W252 Washington, DC 20202 Telephone: (202) 205-3785, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Christopher Tate
Pete Eldrige U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue SW., Room 3E246 Washington, DC 20202 Telephone: (202)260-2514, or by email: Peter.Eldrige@ed.gov
Jennifer Brianas U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue SW., Room 3E220 Washington, DC 20202 Telephone: (202)401-0299, or by email: Jennifer.Brianas@ed.gov