Arts In Education National Program
|Program Title||Program Description|
Arts in Education National Program
This program supports national-level, high-quality arts education projects and services for children and youth, with special emphasis on serving students from low-income families and students with disabilities.
Types of Projects
This program supports high-quality arts education projects that must:
- Support community and national outreach activities that strengthen and expand partnerships among schools, local educational agencies (LEAs), communities, or centers for the arts, including national centers for the arts.
- Implement, or expand, initiatives in arts education and arts integration.
- Have a special emphasis on serving children from low-income families and children with disabilities.
The following activities and services can be supported through the Arts in Education National Program (AENP):
- Professional development for pre-kindergarten-through-grade-12 educators, including special educators and arts educators.
- Development and dissemination of instructional materials, including online resources, in multiple arts disciplines for educators.
- Arts-based and arts-integrated curriculum and educational programming in music, dance, theater, media arts, and visual arts, including folk arts, for pre-kindergarten-through-grade-12 students and arts educators.
- Community and national outreach activities that strengthen and expand partnerships among schools, school districts, communities and centers of the arts throughout the country.
- Other high-quality arts projects for children and youth, with special emphasis on serving children from low-income families and children with disabilities.