Applicant Info and Eligibility
FY 2023 Promise Neighborhoods (PN) Competition
The FY 2023 PN Competition is closed. See below for information about the PN program and archived information about previous grant competitions.
PN Program Introduction
To learn more about the Promise Neighborhoods program please review the presentation below. This information provides a general overview of the program and will likely apply to any future competition for new Promise Neighborhoods grants.
Promise Neighborhoods Program 101: What is the Promise Neighborhoods Program?
Topics: History of Promise Neighborhoods Program, Updates on the Promise Neighborhoods Program, and Expectations for Applicants and Grantees
Description: This presentation will help applicants have a better understanding of the foundation of the Promise Neighborhoods program. Anyone who is interested in learning more about the history and expectations of the Promise Neighborhoods program should review this presentation. Its purpose is to help entities to reflect on their current projects, programs, and partnerships to determine if they have the capacity to implement the Promise Neighborhoods program as intended and if it is a good fit for their respective communities.
An eligible entity must be one of the following:
- An institution of higher education, as defined in section 102 of the HEA (20 U.S.C. 1002);
- An Indian Tribe or Tribal organization, as defined in section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 5304); or
- One or more nonprofit entities working in formal partnership with not less than one of the following entities:
- A high-need LEA.
- An institution of higher education, as defined in section 102 of the HEA (20 U.S.C. 1002).
- The office of a chief elected official of a unit of local government.
- An Indian Tribe or Tribal organization, as defined under section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 5304).
All potential applicants should refer to the program statute, Notice of Final Priorities, Notice Inviting Applications, Application Package, and website for further eligibility requirements and information pertaining to the Promise Neighborhoods Program.
To learn more about the previous competitions, please visit the below links.