Applicant Info and Eligibility
FY 2022 Promise Neighborhoods (PN) Competition
The Department anticipates holding a competition for new awards in FY 2022. Please check this page for updates on this year’s competition. See below for more information on past competitions.
Promise Neighborhoods 101: What is the Promise Neighborhoods Program
Topics: History of Promise Neighborhoods Program, Updates on the Promise Neighborhoods Program, and Expectations for Applicants and Grantees Description: By helping applicants have a better understanding of the foundation of the Promise Neighborhoods program, the Program Office is optimistic that high quality applications will address the needs of students and their families. Anyone who is interested in learning more about the history and expectations of the Promise Neighborhoods program should attend this webinar. This webinar will help entities to reflect on their current projects, programs, and partnerships to determine if they have the capacity to implement the Promise Neighborhoods program as intended and if it is a good fit for their respective communities. Presenters: Promise Neighborhoods Team and the Center for the Study of Social Policy Power Point Presentation (PDF)
An eligible entity must be one of the following:
- An institution of higher education, as defined in section 102 of the HEA (20 U.S.C. 1002);
- An Indian Tribe or Tribal organization, as defined in section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 5304); or
- One or more nonprofit entities working in formal partnership with not less than one of the following entities:
- A high-need LEA.
- An institution of higher education, as defined in section 102 of the HEA (20 U.S.C. 1002).
- The office of a chief elected official of a unit of local government.
- An Indian Tribe or Tribal organization, as defined under section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 5304).
All potential applicants should refer to the program statute, Notice of Final Priorities, Notice Inviting Applications, Application Package, and website for further eligibility requirements and information pertaining to the Promise Neighborhoods Program.
To learn more about the previous competition, please visit the below links.