FY 2022 Magnet School Assistance Program Competition
ARCHIVED INFORMATION REGARDING THE FY 2022 APPLICATION AND COMPETITION
The FY 2022 MSAP Competition is now closed.
Call for Peer Reviewers!
To apply to serve as a Peer Reviewer for the FY 2022 MSAP Competition, please email MSAP.TEAM@ed.gov with a resume and the subject line “MSAP 2022 Peer Review” no later than April 14, 2022. For further details and peer reviewer requirements, please review our Call for Peer Reviewers page.
FY 2022 Notice Inviting Applications
- Posted in the Federal Register on February 22, 2022: PDF (290 KB)
- Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: March 24, 2022
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: April 25, 2022
FY 2022 MSAP Application Instructions
The MSAP Application Package is for applicants to download and use as a guide only. These Application Instructions can also be found on the Grants.gov. Unless the applicant qualifies for an exception to the electronic submission requirement, all MSAP grant applications must be submitted electronically via Grants.gov.
- FY 2022 MSAP Application Package PDF (8 MB)
The MSAP TA Center hosted a series of technical assistance webinars on key areas of the application process. Recordings and transcripts from all the webinars are available below:
Overview of the Notice Inviting Applications
(March 1, 2022
|ED MSAP Team|
Magnet Development Framework
March 1, 2022
|MSAP Center Consultant Doreen Marvin|
The Civil Rights Review and Strategies for Addressing Minority Group Isolation
March 8, 2022
Logic Models and Performance Measures
March 15, 2022
Evidence of Promise Study Guidance
March 22, 2022
|MSAP Center Consultant Ginger Stoker|
MSAP Required Tables and Forms
The enrollment data tables are fillable PDFs. They are not located in the Grants.gov application packet. They must be downloaded, completed electronically, and uploaded into the Grants.gov system as attachments. DO NOT SCAN THE COMPLETED FORMS. When downloading, please save the form by the correct name. For example, if you are completing Table #1, save the PDF as Table #1 and be sure to upload the correct tables.
- Desegregation Plan Type, Summary, and Assurances Form – PDF (138 KB)
- Table 1—Magnet Schools Included in the Project PDF (56 KB)
- Table 2—LEA-Level Enrollment Data PDF (312 KB)
- Table 3—Magnet School Enrollment Data PDF (285 KB)
- Table 4—Feeder School Enrollment Data PDF (238 KB)
- Table 5— Evidence Supporting New or Revised Projects (Competitive Preference Priority 2) PDF (70 KB)
- Evidence Form for Competitive Preference Priority 2 – PDF (127 KB)
- Table 6—Selection of Students (Competitive Preference Priority 3) PDF (74 KB)
- Information for Joint Applications for Competitive Preference Priority 5
Applicants are encouraged to notify the U.S. Department of Education of the applicant’s intent to submit an application for funding by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line, “[LEA Name(s)] Intent to Apply”].
An entity may submit an application even if they did not submit a notice of intent to apply. The Notices of Intent to Apply simply assist the Department in developing a more efficient process for reviewing grant applications.
The deadline to submit the intent to apply is March 24, 2022.