ARCHIVED INFORMATION REGARDING THE FY 2020 APPLICATION AND COMPETITION
The FY 2020 MSAP Competition for new awards is now closed.
FY 2020 Notice Inviting Applications
- The Notice Extending the Due Date for the FY 2020 Competition to June 30, 2020 was published in the Federal Register on May 26, 2020: PDF (47.8 KB)
- The Original Notice posted in the Federal Register on March 10, 2010: PDF (294 KB)
FY 2020 MSAP Competition Timeline
- Notice Inviting Applications Available : March 10, 2020
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: June 30, 2020
FY 2020 MSAP Application Instructions
- The MSAP Application Package is for applicants to download and use as a guide only. Please note: This document was updated on May 20, 2020 to reflect the information provided in the Notice of the Extension of the Due Date above.
- These Application Instructions can also be found on the Grants.gov. Unless the applicant qualifies for an exception to the electronic submission requirement, all MSAP grant applications must be submitted electronically via Grants.gov.
- FY 2020 MSAP Application Package WORD (579 KB)
The MSAP team hosted technical assistance webinars for entities interested in submitting an FY 2020 application on:
- Monday, March 16, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time – Pre-Application Webinar #1 covering the NIA and Application Components.
- Monday, March 23, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time – Pre-Application Webinar #2 to discuss desegregation plan and civil rights requirements, and the role of ED’s Office of Civil Rights in application review.
Webinar recordings, and other helpful resources, are posted at https://msapcenter.ed.gov/2020MSAPGrantCompetition.aspx
Required MSAP Tables
The enrollment data tables are fillable PDFs. They are not located in the Grants.gov application packet. They must be downloaded, completed electronically, and uploaded into the Grants.gov system as attachments. DO NOT SCAN THE COMPLETED FORMS. When downloading, please save the form by the correct name. For example, if you are completing Table #1, save the PDF as Table #1 and be sure to upload the correct tables.
- Tables 1 and 2—LEA-Level Enrollment Data PDF (1,117 KB)
- Table 3—Magnet School Enrollment Data PDF (528 KB)
- Table 4—Feeder School Enrollment Data PDF (709 KB)
- Table 5—Selection of Students (Competitive Preference Priority 3) and Table 6—New or Revised Magnet School Project (Competitive Preference Priority 2) PDF (108 KB)