Applicant Info and Eligibility
The FDS program office wants to remind applicants of a few things as they prepare to submit or resubmit their applications by the new deadline (July 28, 2023).
- Ensure that the applicant organization is eligible for the program
- Submit only PDFs in your application
- Clearly identify which absolute priority you are addressing
- AP1: Developing or Enhancing a School Diversity Plan
- AP2: Implementing a School Diversity Plan
- Propose a budget that is aligned with the absolute priority you are addressing
- AP1: Maximum $500,000 per year (for 2 years)
- AP2: Maximum $4 million per year (for 5 years)
- Propose activities that align with the absolute priority you are addressing
- AP1: Planning activities
- AP2: Implementation activities
On July 11, 2023, we reopened the competition to allow applicants more time to prepare and submit applications. The new deadline is July 28, 2023. Applicants who have already applied by the original deadline do not need to resubmit but may choose to do so. We will review the most recent version of the application that is submitted prior to the new deadline.
Application available in the Federal Register on May 8, 2023
FY 2023 FDS Competition Timeline
NIA Available: May 8, 2023
Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: July 28, 2023
FY 2023 FDS Application Instructions
The FDS Application Package is available for applicants to download and use as a guide only. This document can also be found on Grants.gov. Unless the applicant qualifies for an exception to the electronic submission requirement, all FDS grant applications must be submitted electronically via Grants.gov.
FY 2023 FDS Application Instructions: PDF
FY 2023 FDS Pre-Application Webinars
All of our pre-application webinars have passed. Please view the webinar slides and a recording from one of our presentations below.
Competition Overview Webinar:
View the slides here: PDF
Who May Apply: (by category) Local Education Agencies
Who May Apply: (specifically)- A local educational agency, or consortium of such agencies where appropriate, or one or more LEAs in partnership with a SEA is eligible to receive a grant.
Application Brochure- The 2023 Application brochure outlines key elements of the grant competition.