The Effective Educator Development Programs Division is excited to announce that on April 13, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education published in the Federal Register a Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) for the Supporting Effective Educator Development (SEED) grant program. This SEED FY 2020 grant competition has an estimated $22,000,000 in available funding and we anticipate making approximately 10 new awards. The Federal Register contains the complete FY 2020 SEED Notice Inviting Applications (NIA). The FY 2020 SEED grant competition will close on June 12, 2020.
- TQP Application Publish Date: April 13, 2020
- Intent to Apply: May 13, 2020 (Email Intents to Apply to SEED@ed.gov SUBJECT: Intent to Apply FY 2020)
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: June 12, 2020 (11:59:59 p.m. Washington, DC time)
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: August 10, 2020
- Webinar #1 – Program Overview and Purpose, Eligible Entity Requirements and Program Requirements |PowerPoint Slide
- Webinar #2 – Program Priorities and Evidence Standards|PowerPoint Slide
- Webinar #3 – Selection Criteria and Application Process|PowerPoint Slide
- Webinar #4 – Budget and Matching/Cost Share Requirement|PowerPoint Slide
- Required EED Applicant/Grantee Budget Worksheet
- Required EED Applicant/Grantee Budget Worksheet Instructions
SEED BUDGET NOTE: Applicants must use the ED 524 Budget Summary form at the time of application and provide a budget narrative. All successful FY 20 SEED applicants will be transitioned to the new Required EED Applicant/Grantee Budget Worksheet after awards are made.
- The SEED Application Instructions Package should be used as guidance only and applicants should always refer to the SEED NIA published in the Federal Register on April 13, 2020 for official application instructions on how to submit electronically via Grants.gov.
- SEED Application Instructions Package: HERE
- GRANTS.GOV NOTE: Grants.gov has relaxed the requirement for applicants to have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to apply for funding during the COVID-19 pandemic. An applicant that does not have an active SAM registration can still register with Grants.gov, but must contact the Grants.gov Support Desk, toll-free, at 1–800–518–4726, in order to take advantage of this flexibility.
- ED Form 424–Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524–Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524–Instructions
- ED Grant Application Form for Project Objectives and Performance Measures Information – 1894-0017
- Evidence Form
- Standard Form 424B–Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- Grants.gov Lobbying Form
- Standard Form LLL–Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Required Response to Section 427 of GEPA
To learn more about previous competitions, please visit the links below.