Effective Educator Development Programs
The Office of Effective Educator Development Programs (EEDP) administers discretionary grants that support the quality of teaching and school administration. Funding may support a variety of activities, including but not limited to:
- Providing principals with the tools necessary to make school-level decisions, including staffing decisions, in order to build high-performing instructional leadership teams for high-need schools;
- Improving LEA processes for recruiting, selecting, placing, supporting, and retaining effective teachers, principals, and other school leaders in high-need schools;
- Implementing a differentiated salary structure for teachers who teach in high-needs schools or teach high-need subjects, raise student academic achievement, or take on additional leadership responsibilities, or for principals or other school leaders to serve in high-need schools and raise student academic achievement;
- Providing evidence-based professional development that addresses literacy, numeracy, remedial education, or other needs of LEAs and the students they serve; and
- Supporting non-traditional preparation and certification pathways that allow teachers, principals, or other school leaders to obtain employment in traditionally underserved local educational agencies (LEAs).