Office of Administration
The Office of Administration has primary oversight of areas like budget formulation, grants, contracts, personnel, small purchase procurement, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, travel, asset management (property and technology), and establishing a more efficient, effective, and data-driven operations for the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE).
- Analytic Agenda: Develops an analytic agenda that facilitates and guides the collection, organization, interpretation, reporting, and use of data and other information from external and internal sources;
- Audits: Coordinates the resolution of OESE audit findings;
- Budget formulation and execution;
- Contract administration: Manages contracts and procurements for OESE-wide operations and initiatives;
- Correspondence: Manages and responds to correspondence from many sources, including the general public;
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA): Manages and coordinates responses;
- Grant administration: Develops grant schedules, commits and obligates OESE grant funds; and
- Human Resource Management: Manage recruitment and staffing, workforce and succession planning, and training.