American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief
|Program Title||Program Description|
Office of State and Grantee Relations, OESE
On Thursday, March 11, 2021, the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act was signed into law. It is an unprecedented $1.9 trillion package of assistance measures, including $122 billion for the ARP Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP ESSER) Fund. Funds are provided to State educational agencies and school districts to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the Nation’s students.
The ARP ESSER Fact Sheet, published on March 17, 2021, provides an overview of the program and a comparison of the ESSER Fund (funded through the CARES Act), ESSER II Fund (funded through the CRRSA Act), and ARP ESSER Fund (ARP Act).
- Letter to Chief State School Officers (03.17.2021)
- ARP ESSER Methodology and Allocation Table (03.17.2021)
- Letter to Chief State School Officers Announcing Grant Award (03.24.2021)
- ARP ESSER Grant Award Allocation (03.24.2021)
- ARP ESSER Grant Award Assurances (03.24.2021)
- ARP ESSER Application Letter to Chief State School Officers (04.21.2021)
- ARP ESSER Interim Final Rule (04.22.2021)
- ARP ESSER Application Template (04.21.2021); Word ARP ESSER Template (04.21.2021)
- ARP ESSER Fact Sheet (03.17.2021)
- Education Stabilization Fund ESSER Web Page