Current FY 2021 AHC-A Competition
The Effective Educator Development Programs Division is excited to announce that on July 19, 2021 the U.S. Department of Education published in the Federal Register a Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) for the American History and Civics Education (AHC-A) grant program. This AHC-A FY 2021 grant competition has an estimated $1.7M and anticipates making approximately 1 new award. The Federal Register contains the complete FY 2021 AHC-A Notice Inviting Applications (NIA). The FY 2021 AHC-A grant competition will close on August 18, 2021.
- AHC-A Application Publish Date: July 19, 2021
- Intent to Apply: July 30, 2021 (Email Intents to Apply to AmericanHistoryandCivics@ed.gov SUBJECT: Intent to Apply FY 21)
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: August 18, 2021 (11:59:59 p.m. Washington, DC time)
Pre-Application Informational Webinars
For the FY 2021 AHC-A Competition, we have provided three pre-recorded pre-application Webinars designed to provide technical assistance to perspective applicants. Webinars may be downloaded to your personal devices for unlimited access as your draft and prepare to submit your AHC-A application. (We will upload webinars as soon as they are available.)
- WEBINAR 1: AHC-A Program Purpose, Eligibility Requirements and Program Priorities| Recording
- WEBINAR 2: AHC-A Selection Criteria, GPRA & Application Scoring| Recording
- WEBINAR 4: AHC-A Budget Requirements| Recording
In addition to the webinars above, be sure to view our series of discretionary grant competition videos. These videos are designed to be a companion to the Pre-Application webinars and other competition resources. They cover important topics across the discretionary grant competition timeline such as how to approach the planning process, application preparation and submission, logic model development, application review, and how awards are made and announced.
Electronic Applicant Submission
Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov
- Applicants are encouraged to download the AHC-A Application Instructions Package and review it in its entirety. It contains information and instructions that will be helpful to you and you prepare to submit your AHC-A application. Please note this application instructions package is the same package found in http://www.grants.gov.
- The AHC-A Application Instructions Package should be used as guidance only and applicants should always refer to the AHC-A NIA published in the Federal Register on July 19, 2021 for official application instructions.
- AHC-A Application Instructions Package: HERE
These ED required forms are in the electronic application package in Grants.gov. Below is a list of the required forms that must be completed and submitted at the time of application. Electronic versions of each form can be found here.
- ED Form 424–Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Grant Application Form for Project Objectives and Performance Measures Information – 1894-0017
- gov Lobbying Form
- Standard Form LLL–Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Required Response to Section 427 of GEPA
- EED Budget Narrative Template (see below)
Required EED Applicant/Grantee Budget Worksheet This EED Applicant/Grantee Budget Worksheet is REQUIRED and should be submitted in addition to the ED 524 Budget Form for the AHC-A program. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the document instructions as well as solicit help from their budget office when completing the worksheet. The worksheet must be submitted at the time of application. This budget worksheet must be completed and uploaded into the Budget Narrative Attachment section of your AHC-A application.