Applicant Info and Eligibility (Archive)
FY 2021 TSL Notice Inviting Applications
Posted in the Federal Register on July 9, 2021 PDF | HTML
Grant Opportunity and Application Package (Grants.gov):
More information about this grant opportunity is located on Grants.gov at the following address: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html?keywords=84.374a. The application instructions and required forms can be accessed and downloaded from this location.
FY 2021 TSL Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) Document
FY 2021 TSL Competition Timeline
- Teacher and School Leader Incentive Program (84.374A) Application Available: July 9, 2021
- Intent to Apply: July 30, 2021
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: The FY 2021 TSL grant program application submission period closes on August 13, 2021 before 11:59pm EST.
- Estimated Award Announcement: Before September 20, 2021
On July 16, 2021, the U.S. Department of Education held a pre-application webinar for the FY’21 TSL competition. You may listen to the recording of the pre-application webinar at the following link: Recording | Webinar Slides.
Application Package Instructions
You may download the application instructions from the following link: https://apply07.grants.gov/apply/opportunities/instructions/PKG00268172-instructions.pdf
- Please note this is an electronic copy of the application package instructions for you to download and use as a guide only.
- Applicants should refer to the office TSL NIA published in the Federal Register for official application instructions.
- This application package also contains instructions on Grants.gov submission.
Required Application Forms
Please Note: The following forms are required as part of an applicant’s submission. You will be able to access these forms at the following location: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html?keywords=84.374a on Grants.gov.
- ED Form 424–Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- EED Applicant Budget Worksheet
- Standard Form 424B–Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- Grants.gov Lobbying Form; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- Standard Form LLL–Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Required Response to Section 427 of GEPA
- Optional FY 2021 TSL Competition Applicant Checklist
Who May Apply: (by category) (a) Local educational agencies (LEAs); including charter schools that are LEAs; (b) States (SEAs) that apply with one or more LEAs; (c) Nonprofit organizations that apply in partnership with one or more LEAs or an LEA and State.
In order to be considered for funding for FY 2021 TSL competition, an applicant that is eligible to apply based on its entity classification (e.g., the applicant is a local educational agency (LEA) or nonprofit organization) must meet the absolute priority and requirements set forth in the NIA.
Peer Review Panel Member Opportunity The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is seeking expert peer reviewers for the Fiscal Year 2021 competition for the Teacher and School Leader (TSL) program. We invite individuals with backgrounds or expertise in Human capital decision making; Teacher quality; Data management and analysis; Performance-based compensation; Educational policy; Working with students from low-income families; Teaching/school leadership; and/or Program evaluation to apply for consideration. If you are interested in serving as a peer reviewer for the FY 2021 TSL competition, please send an email to TSL@ED.gov